Welcome one another therefore, as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. - Romans 15:7
Ten Ways to Make a Difference in Your Congregation or Mission Center
- Pray for hearts & minds open to the Spirit of God at work in your congregation and mission center beginning with your own.
- Embrace all persons as children of God created in the image of God and of sacred worth including yourself.
- Seek out and join companions who are committed to ending discrimination, offering sanctuary and creating equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender persons & their families.
- Nurture a theology, ethic and practice of hospitality within your church family and mission center.
- Break the silence and challenge the conspiracy of false witness brought against LGBT persons in church & society.
- Create safe, welcoming & affirming spaces for LGBT persons, parents & families to come out, to live with integrity and to tell the truth of their lives and faith stories.
- Participate in activities, such as special worship services, training workshops & retreats sponsored by welcoming and affirming congregations, the Welcoming Community Network and GALA.
- Support the Welcoming Community Network ministries of education, advocacy, grassroots organizing, and field outreach through fundraising and mission giving.
- Work for justice through the development and passage of resolutions within your mission center regarding the full participation of persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities in the life and ministry of the church in preparation for the 2010 World Conference.
- Celebrate your life and faith journey as a gift from God and be the change you seek to make in your church & in the world.
Together We are Building a Church for All God's People!
Adapted with permission and blessing from "Ten Ways to Make a Difference in your Church or Presbytery" by Michael J. Adee, M.Div., Ph.D., National Field Organizer, More Light Presbyterians, Santa Fe, New Mexico www.mlp.org.