Welcoming Community Network is 501(c)(3) public charity. Donations are tax deductable.
Welcome one another therefore, as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. - Romans 15:7
Lead the church’s mission of restoration through relevant gospel proclamation and the establishment of signal communities of justice and peace that reflect the vision of Christ. Doctrine & Covenants 163:5a
Welcoming Community Network (WCN) is an international grassroots organization that exists to enable full participation of persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities in the life and ministry of Community of Christ both in policy and practice - WCN Mission Statement
WCN offers to the church the untapped creativity and energy of diverse people who have been marginalized, disenfranchised, or even rejected. As we share in a prophetic church, we join with our brothers and sisters to move toward full participation of everyone in the Body of Christ.
- The following statement was released by the WCN and GALA Boards of Directors on Monday, July 16, 2018:
- Click here to request WCN buttons to Send WCN Buttons for you to distribute at gatherings and Pride celebrations
- Congratulations to Fairview Community of Christ for becoming welcoming and affirming! Check the directory!
Check out additional upcoming activities
- A la Familia
- All in God's Family: Creating Allies for Our LGBT Families
Giving you opportunities to gather with other members of your congregation to pray, to learn, to share, and to work together to transform your lives, your congregation, and your world into a loving place in which God’s lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender families can thrive.
- Building an Inclusive Church: A Welcoming Toolkit
Drawing upon twenty-five years of experience within a variety of Christian denominations, this Toolkit is a step-by-step guide to help facilitate a Welcoming Process in your local congregation. Biblically and theologically based, it uses tools of relational organizing, congregational assessment, conflict management and change theory.(pdf)
- transACTION is designed to help churches and institutions address this issue of understanding and welcome by providing step-by-step training about the needs, apprehensions and fears of transgender people - as well as the wealth of gifts and graces they bring - while responding to the concerns of the church or religious institution.
- Also released
The Human Rights Campaign's Religion & Faith Program has just published online a new transgender resource for clergy:
- A Place in God's Heart... A Place at Christ's Table
Worship Resources for the Welcoming Church Movement
Have a question about the Welcoming Community Network? Send your questions to: